PDA

View Full Version : Donzi with intermitent electrical problem

REB
10-05-2002, 07:36 PM
Please help,
I own a 1990 Blackwidow and I just recently had a power failure to the dash board. The trim pump and tabs work as well as the starter, but the blower,lights,stereo and hydraulic hatch didn't. After trailering it home, I tried turning on the blower for ha-ha's and it worked.This problem has been going on for a week, the problem goes away and returns.I checked the fuses, cleaned the fuse contacts, checked and cleaned the grounds to the battery and the engine block and pulled the dash and checked for loose wires. Couldn't find anything.Is there anyone out there who's had a similiar problem, is there something I'm overlooking? Please help!!
Thanks for your time
Rich

RickR
10-05-2002, 08:10 PM
Might be a bad ground. Run a wire from the negative side of the battery to a negative wire (black) behind the dash and see what you come up with.
Also you can check if you have power to dash while grounding your volt meter back to the battery.

MOP
10-07-2002, 07:45 AM
I have had a similar problem, it turned out to be the spade connectors under the dash. I disconnected the battery then pulled them off one at a time and cleaned and gave them a light squeeze to tighten the connections.

komikazee
10-07-2002, 09:46 PM
REB,
I have a '90 Black Widow, have run into this type problem alot! At first I jumped to the conclusion that starter was bad, trim / tilt pump was bad and many other things that just quit working. Spent alot of hours troubleshooting. About 99% of the time, it ends up being corroded spade connections, plugs. I now start with my volt meter. Get a good ground, check voltage at battery, leave the ground connected, then move down the line until I find where I lose my volts. Its a pain, and takes time, but it saves replacing parts for nothing.

Good Luck
Tracy