PDA

View Full Version : Child hood dream, turing into a nightmare

KRAVEN
10-05-2002, 11:34 AM
I dropped of my 2002 Scorpion classic at a DONZI recommended dealer 5pm. Oct.4 and received a call from the dealer owner at 10am.Oct.5th.They have not beem a DONZI dealer since 2001,because of payment from DONZI on warrinty issues.The boat was taken to this dealer on the recomendation of Don Pride Customer Service,perhaps they should update there files.Frustration and disappointment is setting in as the Home Town Ralley goes on in Sarasota.I guess if I wanted a boat with stress cracks and upholstry issues,I could have saved 30 to 40K by buying used.I will be visitng the plant at the end of October and expressing my concerns on this matter,till then I will wait for the unreturned phone calls from the new head of Customer Service.I know that this is a production boat however in my opinon it was not produced properly the first time.If anyone has any ideas as to how I can get my concerns met please let me no Frustrated with 56hrs on the meter.
KRAVEN

DON N.
10-05-2002, 12:01 PM
WHAT A SHAME ! IT SEEMS IF DONZI IS NOT GOING TO UPHOLD WARRANTY WORK ONCE FACTORY + DEALER IS NOTIFIED, A SHOP OF YOUR CHOICE SHOULD BE SELECTED FOR REPAIRS AND THEY FOOT THE BILL . JUST MY OPINION .

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-05-2002, 02:55 PM
KRAVEN, I am surprised you would just leave your boat after hours. Hell I hate to leave mine alone period.... LOL
I will be at the factory the 21st for my annual visit and to get some warranty work done to my Donzi.
Send me a picture or two, I am not familiar with what your issue was, mine is a fairing issue.
The factory has always been there for us, I am not worried at all at this point.

Bryan

Formula Jr
10-05-2002, 11:05 PM
Kraven, somebody from American Holdings SHOULD be on your door step tomorrow. To make sure this flag ship - 18 is done right. You bought a new boat. If they don't, I'M going to lose faith. You bought the ultimate and most expensive 18 ever made. If it was my company, you would want for nothing and get a stand-in till she was right. And that attitude from the top down would have begun yesterday. Number 1 should mean something to a company.

riverrat
10-06-2002, 08:03 AM
sad story, my '99 '18 had gel coat problems & I was able to get them fixed after 4 trips back to the dealer!! that dealer is not a part of the donzi team anymore.. this seems to be a trend with donzi. we in the Houston area don't have a dealer at this time.. I think donzi needs to address the dealer problems across the US. there must be a reason no body wants to be a dealer!

my 2 cents :D :D

by the way after the bugs were worked out it's been a great boat! sd

Greg Maier
10-06-2002, 11:36 AM
For the sake of both KRAVEN and Donzi, I hope this doesn't turn out to be another BLISTERBOAT Saga.

Looped
10-06-2002, 12:09 PM
One of the biggest problems that the Donzi dealers (or exDonzi dealers) run into is the issue of having to sell the larger more expensive Donzis even if they are located on a smaller lake or an area where a larger boat is not necessary. I think if Donzi lets the dealers sell what’s best for them in their area and not push them to sell something that they will never be able to sell then we would see more Donzi dealers around. This is one of the most common reasons why we don’t see many Donzi dealers sticking around.

I hope your Scorpion gets the attention from Donzi like it deserves.

Craig

Donzified
10-06-2002, 12:16 PM
Keep the faith.

I must say Kraven has made an ideal home for his dream boat. It allways sits tall with the full cover on ,in its own custom lift. When it does get wet Kraven treats it like gold.This is one lucky boat.I can't see the factory treating it any other way.This girl should go back to Fla.so that the factoy boys can mother it.

"If was eazy everone would do it...then I'd be out of a job"

KRAVEN
10-06-2002, 01:22 PM
Thanks fellow DONZI brethern,
I only wish the factory had the same attitude.I will be picking her up from being winterized and will be waiting for a call from DONZI.I sent quite a lenghty e-mail to Nick Miller DONZI'S V.P. and hope to here from him tomorrow.I will keep you all posted on the progress.Thanks Donzified for the kind words,and I do agree that TIME N PLACE does deserve the MIDAS treatment.KRAVEN

FJB20
10-06-2002, 01:36 PM
Looped -- You are SO on the Money -- My Friend Works for Cape Island in Somers Point,NJ -- That is Why They are No Longer a Donzi Dealer --
Tons of ZX's Sold But Had to Eat ZF's -- Donzi has a Rep for Classy Speed Boats -- Down Here Grady White is the Fishing Boat of Choice.
This Ugly Customer Service Thing Keeps Raising It's Head -- There are Boats Out There That Go Just as Fast and The Prices are Much Less --
It's a Shame - Dream Boat for $70,000.00 and No
Lemon Law & No Factory Backing or Service.
This Problem Has Been Going On TOOOO Long
BAJA's New Ad -- 60MPH for 24,000.00

RickSE
10-07-2002, 01:25 PM
As far as I know Donzi does not force dealers to stock boats they can't sell. My father's dealership has been in business for almost five years and Donzi has never put pressure on him to stock a boat he can't sell in his area. He's never stocked or sold a ZF and to date he has only sold one Donzi over 22'. A lot of these dealers go out of business or switch brands because they don't know what their doing and typically end up getting in over their heads.

Kraven, If you can find another dealer in your area it may help in getting your issues pushed through. Also, warranty work does not have to be performed by a Donzi dealer. Get a quote from someone you trust locally and push to have them do the work. Keep us informed.

mattyboy
10-07-2002, 01:32 PM
Keep your head up Kraven,
I'm sure that this will all be made right!
keep us posted.
Fbj20, I not sure what you mean by the cust svc issue keeps coming up, Only heard of 1 other instance of a problem and we all know who that was! Most have had good dealings with the factory
and show me how a 24k baja looks after 1 year ...
granted big companies take awhile to get moving and this might not get resolved as fast as Kraven would like but I'm sure it will get resolved.

Matt

Matt

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-07-2002, 02:20 PM
I deleted yesterdays reply to this post this morning, my touchy feely side got the best of me again.

My boat returns the 21st of this month, scheduled to come home in December.
As a fairly new Donzi guy, 2 ZX boats, 3 seasons, a comment was made above which is true, the process is occassionally slow, but always taken care of, my last big warranty repair took 5 weeks total.

I was impressed to see Nick Miller replying and acting on your posts in "ask the factory" KRAVEN, Nick and I have spoken and that is why my boat is going back vice dealer service/repairs.
Good luck man, keep us posted.
Bryan

Donzi Blackhawk
10-08-2002, 01:56 PM
Hello Kraven,

I want you to know that I have printed out both threads about your boat and personally brought them to management here at Donzi. I just want to help get you issues resolved.

Unfortunately, somehow you were given some old customer service numbers and this led to some frustraton. As of today Kathy Mueller, the new Director of Customer Service has information about your boat. Hopefully, things will all work out for you. I will be out of the office until next Monday, so feel free to call Kathy so she can help you out with your boat.

Bryant

HyperDonzi
10-08-2002, 02:30 PM
Matt, give that Baja another year, they have just started selling. For the time being read up on 29 and 33 outlaws. 100k+$ boat but motor mount stringers are prone to cracking.